Thursday, July 13, 2006

Oops

Shael is sitting here watching Pleasantville, one of my favorites. I'd forgotten about the "love" scenes. Not too graphic, but yet, somehow too graphic. Shael, who knows all about the birds and the bees, goes "Gross" when it came to the part where the kids are at Lover's Lane. Then came the part where Betty masturbates in the bathtub. Oops! I'd forgotten about that. Shael kept asking "What's she doing? Why is she saying 'Oh, my'? Why is everything turning colors? Why did that tree burst into flames?" I gave her the only answer I could muster up...I don't know....Hey, let me see that Floam.
Good grief, what else could I do but change the subject?
We gave her the "talk" and we have been very up front about sex, but I draw the line about discussing masturbation to my 12 year old daughter.

2 Comments:

Blogger Kelstar said...

LOL! Oh, that must have been difficult. Don't worry, I'm sure she doesn't want to discuss it with you either.

5:38 PM  
Blogger Redneck Diva said...

OMG, omg, omg, omg, omg

And I'm all freaked out about discussing with Abby getting her first period! I cannot imagine discussing the Big M.

I think "I don't know...Hey let me see that Floam." has got to be the best line ever, though. Rock on, Mom of the Year!

Drunken Spelling Challenge: mrdibbi
Who's he?

1:27 PM  

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home