Wednesday, February 14, 2007

Lawyers In Love

Does anybody remember this song? I heard it the other day on Mike Radio out of Joplin. I hadn't heard it in years, I'd even forgotten about it. Catchy little tune. But, I mostly thought it was funny because of how outdated it was. The quickest way to date a song (other than taking it out for a nice lobster meal) is to mention a country that is on the verge of change. Say, like the U.S.S.R.
*
I can't keep up with what's been going down
I think my heart must just be slowing down
Among the human beings in their designer jeans
Am I the only one who hears the screams
And the strangled cries of lawyers in love
God sends his spaceships to America, the beautiful
They land at six o'clock and there we are, the dutiful
Eating from TV trays, tuned in to Happy Days
Waiting for World War III while Jesus slaves
To the mating calls of lawyers in love
Last night I watched the news from Washington, the capitol
The Russians escaped while we weren't watching them, like Russians will
Now we've got all this room, we've even got the moon
And I hear the U.S.S.R. will be open soon
As vacation land for lawyers in love
*
I know a couple Russians. Do they escape? While we aren't watching them? I'll have to keep a closer eye on them from now on, won't I. It is amazing how paranoid Americans were/are. I grew up thinking the Russians were the enemy of all enemies. Those Reds! Look how wrong I was. I know I couldn't possibly be the only one who thought that back in the early 80's.
*
No psych class today. The instructor was out sick. I made the trip in to town all for nothing. And on Valentine's Day, too. Like that makes a bit of difference. I'm off to Wal-Mart now to try to find something for Shael and my sweetheart.
Catch ya later, all you cherubs.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home