Tuesday, March 27, 2007

I Need A New Stat Counter

I guess my stat counter went haywire. It says zero straight across the board for the last 7 days. That means I've had zero visitors. But, I know that isn't true, my anonymous friend said she has visited, and I have also visited it myself to check out how my links looked on the new template.
So much for that stat counter.
*
I've got five weeks of school left, I can hardly believe it has gone so quickly! I've got lots to do these last five weeks. That pesky research paper that I did absolutely nothing on during spring break. I finally went back to work on it this morning. Then I've got lots to do in that Lit for Children class all of a sudden. That work is easy, yet tedious. Lots of writing. By hand. Actual hand writing! My goodness, will I be able to remember how? For my final assignment for that class I will have to tap in to my creative side. I have to make "Poetry Poster Board" which is pretty much making a poster board sized bulletin board with any poem as the theme. That's the easy part. Then, I have to create a "learning activity" using a "learning style". Then we have to present it to the whole class and the whole class has to do our activity. I've already made up my mind that I'm going to make a board using the snowman poem I heard a girl use at the day care. It's about a snowman that gets made then slowly, slowly melts away. Now all I need to figure out is how to bring ice to class without it melting before we can make our snowmen. Once they are made, I want them to melt. I need a snow cone maker for this, I think.
*
I finally got my seeds planted today. I changed my clothes to flower bed working clothes, I put on my cruddy boots, and was putting my hair in a bandanna when the rain started pouring down. I waited a few minutes. Then started gathering my stuff that I would need. By the time I got out there, the rain had almost completely stopped. But not for very long. I ended up being out there in the rain for close to an hour. When I finished, I was drenched and had mud literally from head to foot. I looked in the mirror and had this huge black smudge across one cheek. I grabbed a shower and when I got out of the bathroom, I noticed the clouds were clearing and the sun was shining bright as could be. Figures. That doesn’t really matter to me, because weeding a flower bed in the rain really is the best time to do it.
So far, I have 42 tulip blooms (not counting the 9 I’ve already cut to give away) and 85 tulip buds that will bloom within the next couple of days. They are gorgeous. Then there’s a few jonquils splashed in there for variation.

*
I think I'll go to bed. It's 9:53 and I made it home from class a little early tonight. Think I'll take advantage of it and hit the sack. Last night I went to bed around 10:00 and I think I was asleep by 10:00 and 25 seconds.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home