Friday, March 16, 2007

Spring Break

Yee-whooo! Spring Break is here for me. I just finished my Psych test and now I'm free for the next week. I don't even have to work. How do you like them apples? I think I might get use to it. The week after Spring Break is going to be tough, I'm thinking.
*
So, what all has happened since I last posted? Honestly, not much. Something happened at work the other day that I'm not sure if I should even discuss. But, I will anyway. I won't divulge any names, or anything like that. To protect the innocent and the stupid. Since I've been back there, working my one day a week (that's been pretty cool, too, btw) I've been working in the baby room. It has been hectic, to say the least. There are 14 babies enrolled and usually they don't all show up on the same day, but there's been days when we have 12 and that's really not much of a fun day. But, one this one particular day, this one particular lady turned around while this one particular baby was on the changing table. You can probably guess what happened. You guess right, the baby fell off the changing table. All the way to the hard, concrete floor. His head had this huge knot and black spot immediately. The lady wasn't even going to tell us what happened. If I hadn't heard him hit and looked over in time to see her pick him up (and also heard her say "OH, GOD!") the truth, I don't think, would have never gotten out. Well, the baby had to be taken to the ER and he was okay. He's a bigger baby, not like a new born or anything. He pulls up and crawls all over the place, I'm not sure how old he is, though. He ended up with a slight concussion. Very serious, I'm not arguing that fact, but nothing was cracked and he was acting normal. The doctor said it was okay for him to go to sleep.
I really didn't expect him to come back. Ever. But, the next day, there he was back again. With this huge bruise on his forehead. Poor baby. I don't like this baby, but I wouldn't want him hurt. It turns out that the Mom was looking around for other day cares to put the baby in and she finally found one but he couldn't start until today. So, yesterday was his last day with us. I told my friend, Valerie, that even though I really didn't like this baby (at all) I didn't want him to leave this way. It not only reflects poorly on the day care, it reflects poorly on me and Valerie as individuals because we both work in the baby room. And no, it wasn't her that dropped him. That seems incredibly shallow, even to me, to seem to be more concerned with what people will think about me than I am about the baby. But, that's not true. I was concerned about the baby. Very concerned. Concerned enough to have to go to the boss and discuss this lady, even though I hate doing that. I feel like a gossip, going behind some one's back to talk about them. But, I felt this was way past needing to be discussed. It should have been addressed before anything happened. In a way, I feel responsible for this poor baby because I never said anything. This baby wasn't the first baby she has turned her back on and sadly, he wasn't the last. I don't know what it's going to take to get this woman to wise up. I hope she quits, that would solve the entire problem right there.
*
Well, now that I've discussed confidential work related stuff, what else is there to talk about? How about my daughter. Remember that she had a friend over last weekend? I let her take the four wheeler out to play trusting them to be safe. Making them wear helmets. Monday evening, she wanted to ride her own so Mike started it for her and he went to get on his to ride along with her. Uh-oh, it seems the girls had a wreck on his and didn't tell us. They bent the handle bars up quite a bit. The right one mainly, is all bent toward the seat. Jessie was driving, they were going too fast when she turned and they flipped it over on it's side. That's why they came home and quit riding it before their time was up. I should have guessed something was up when I told them they could ride for 20 minutes and they only rode for 10. Mike was royally pissed and blamed me. He made me cry, then came back later and apologized (which shocked me! I can't remember the last time I received a sincere apology from him about anything). But, now he's saying that Shael is probably going to be grounded throughout her entire Spring Break. First of all, where do they get off having a Spring Break when they missed like 10 days from the snow and ice? Second of all, this is my Spring Break, too, and I don't want to be punished also. Hmmm, we'll just have to see. Maybe we can work something else out.
*
I have been spring cleaning my little heart out this whole week. Mom's Rainbow vac has seen a workout, let me tell you. I got my living room done, as I mentioned before, my entryway, which was almost as bad as the living room, the hallway, my bathroom and finally, my bedroom and my closet. But, before I could use the Rainbow on the bedroom and closet I had to clean them first. My closet was terrible. So many clothes that I don't wear and just plain old trash. How does trash get into my closet, I wonder? I don't know, all I know is that it does. Next week Mike said he would help me move the bed so we can give it a good cleaning under it. He said that's probably the worst part, but I had to disagree. The closet was the worst. Under the bed is going to be old shoes that need to be thrown away, cotton balls that use to be in my ears when I went to sleep at night, but fell out during the night, and some major, MAJOR dust bunnies. I don't think I can leave it at just dust bunnies, maybe dust colonies, or dust dinosaurs or something big like that. When I cleaned under the little table that holds the satellite receiver in the bedroom, the carpet had so much dust on it, it was like another carpet on top. It was right in the line of fire from the attic fan, which brings in dust of every sort. Back before Mike had severe allergies, we use to be able to use the attic fan, but he's gone and gotten all allergic to all kinds of pollens and dust that we can't use it anymore. That was how long it had been since I'd cleaned under that little table. OY. I'm sure that's what under the bed is going to look like.
I felt so bad when I saw how dirty the carpets were in the house. Mike having those bad allergies like that and me leaving the floors so dusty and dirty. Talk about conviction. I had it. I'm really hoping that once the house does get cleaned up a little better that it might help him sleep a little better at night. I know that he gets it all day at work, but the least I could do is help him out some on the home front. He's going to have to go to the doctor, I'm sure they can give him something that will help.
*
I should be finishing up here. I'm at school still, it's 10:05 and I have a ton of stuff to do today it's not even funny. Tonight is the ladies retreat and Mom is bringing her clothes down again to try to sell them off. Last year she had decided to go out of business so she said that it was the last time she would ever bring her clothes down. But, Daddy talked her into staying in the clothing business a little longer. She wishes she wouldn't have listened to him, because then she got stuck with a lot of clothes that wouldn't sell. So, here we are again. Dragging the clothes, the racks, the purses, the cash register and all the things that go with it, back down to the church to try to get rid of it once and for all. Anything that is left, she is going to donate to Soul's Harbor in Joplin. But, that means that once again, I have to help her load up all these clothes, racks, etc into the back of the Suburban, then unload them at the church, put the racks back together then hang the clothes back up on them. She says that she doesn't have very many, but once you start loading them up, they multiply. She wants everything set up and ready to sell by 6:00 tonight. Yipee, I'm so excited.
But, before that, I'm going to go to Miami to give my stuff that I cleaned out of my room and closet to the Friendship House. I'm giving away clothes that I've never even worn. Some things even still have the price tag on them. Things that Mom has given me that never did fit. Now that I've lost weight, they still don't fit. I'm just a weird shape, that all there is to it. I've got several bags of things to take there, then I need to return the Rainbow. Somewhere in there I want to clean up my kitchen at home and do a couple loads of laundry. I'm not sure if that will happen, or not. It won't if I stay here much longer.
*
Before I leave, let me tell you of some dreams I've been having this week. The first one was Tuesday night and I dreamed that I woke up and Mike wasn't anywhere around. I couldn't find him even outside. So, I drove to my parents house and found him asleep upstairs. I woke him up and asked him what he was doing there. He exploded on me and yelled that he wished he would have gone ahead and divorced me when he first thought of doing it last summer. I asked him why and he told me because I ate all the cookies and I had entirely too many clothes. I told him about this dream the next morning and he told me it was my own conscious bothering me. I think he might be right on this one.
The next night, I dreamed something way worse. I dreamed that my brother murdered someone. Not just a random someone, but his ex mother in law. He shot her in the head with a shot gun. I dreamed that Mike and I were sleeping in the closet (see how this clean closet keeps sneaking into my dreams?) and I thought I'd heard a knock at the door. Mike passed it off as the dog nosing around on the porch until my Mom comes barging into the bedroom and turns on the light. Me and Mike were both naked and we were scrambling around trying to find our robes to cover up with. Mom didn't even noticed she was so frantic. She said that he'd finally snapped and done it. After getting her calmed slightly she said "He finally did it. He blew her brains out" I asked "WHO?" and she said "Brub!" I first screamed out his wife's name, but in my dream my voice would not work. It was one of those dreams where you are screaming as loud as you can and it comes out as a whisper. "Sonya?" and she said "NO!" So, I asked "Cassie?" which is his ex's name. Still "NO!". Finally she said "Her Mom! Cassie's MOM!" My brother had murdered someone and I was in shock, denial, whatever you want to call it, I couldn't believe it. Not my brother. My brother who has never even been in a fist fight would not shoot someone in the head. But, he had, and he even went and turned himself in and pleaded guilty and all that jazz. My brother, who has fought tooth and nail to gain full custody of his daughter, was now in jail and his daughter was going to her no good mother after all.
I woke up totally disturbed from that dream. I'm still baffled by it. Mainly because my brother gets along famously with his ex mother in law. More so than he ever got along with his ex wife. He would never do anything like that. And if he did, I would be just as surprised in real life as I was in my dream. What a horrible dream to have! It has bothered me for two days now.
And last night's dream that I was going to write about has flown right out of my head off to never never land. Maybe I'll remember it later, maybe I won't. Who cares, anyway. This one wasn't traumatic, or scary or anything like the other two. Just bizarre and I was going to laugh about it with you. But, now, it's totally gone. Huh.
*
Okay, so now I've rambled on for another 20 minutes. I've got to get out of here!
Have a wonderful Spring Break, y'all!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home