Wednesday, April 04, 2007

It's Been A While

I've been busy. When I'm home, I'm trying to work on either my research paper or my book box for Children's Lit. Both are going slow, but at least they are going. Only a couple more weeks left to work on them, they'd better speed up!
*
I took Shael to the mall Saturday to pick out an Easter outfit. I thought she'd end up with slacks again, but she surprised me and picked out a skirt with a matching top. They look very nice on her, which surprised me also, because skirts and her don't usually go together. But, she looks good. I noticed the difference between my daughter and my sister's kids after we bought her outfit. The total came to a little bit over $50 and she was so worried about it that she immediately wanted me to take it back. "It's too expensive, Mama" she kept telling me. I told her not to worry about it, it wasn't that big of a deal. My sister's kid's (no offense, Roni) probably wouldn't blink an eye over spending $50 on an Easter outfit. I'm not saying they're rich snobs, or anything, but I know where their favorite stores are, and they aren't cheap! Shael's favorite pair of pants right now came from Family Dollar and I so can't see any of her kids wearing anything from Family Dollar. It's the Wilkinson influence. I'm telling you!
*
Sunday, I left church a little early and Mike came and picked me up an we went on a ride. ON OUR NEW HARLEY! Last Wednesday we went to Miami and bought a 2002 Harley Davidson. It's one of those big ones with a back rest fit for a La-Z-Boy. But, on Sunday, we drove down to the Ozark National Forest in Arkansas and did some riding with a group of 6 other bikes. We had lots of fun. We went through Devil's Den State Park and drove around a bit after we left there. On the way home we drove over to Talequah and came home that twisty, windey road.
By the time Mike let me off at my car at the church it was almost 7:00 and time for church again. I felt really worn out by then, so when Mom got there with Shael, we went on home instead of staying for church. When I saw myself in the mirror at the church, I was horrified! I looked way worse than I felt. No wonder people kept asking me if I was okay. LOL. My face was sun burned, my eyes bloodshot, my hair was a tangled mess because Mike forgot my helmet. I'd had only 2-1/2 hours of sleep the night before so I was dog tired. I knew I felt like my legs were made out of lead and I was having a hard time moving one in front of the other to take steps, but I had no idea I looked so bad. Like hammered dog crap, as Mike would say.
So I went home, took a shower, painstakingly got the tangles out of my hair, slathered cream all over my face, and went to bed. All by 7:45. Shael asked to make cookies and I told her yes, unless she wanted my help because I was going to bed. I heard Mike come in at 8:30, but went back to sleep. I didn't hear another thing until I woke up at 3:00 a.m. to go to the bathroom. I still felt pretty tired the next morning when I got up. And my hair. Oh, my poor hair. It was so dry. Since I'd washed it and let it dry naturally, it was all wavy and fly away. I went ahead and went to school looking like that. I'm sure I didn't look much better than I did the night before. But at least it didn't look greasy and tangled.
From class I had to go on to work. In the baby room, no less, so I didn't have a break all day. I worked on the floor (with the 3 and 4 year olds) yesterday, so at least I got some kind of break when they took a nap. I spent the whole time working on my stupid book cards for Children's Lit.
*
I am going to go home now. I've really got to work on that paper. No work today, so here I go. Knowing me, I will clean the house just to get away from working on that paper. Now that's pretty bad.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home