Tuesday, July 31, 2007

Tuesday Morning

I got out of bed a tad bit earlier this morning. Not a whole lot, but a tad bit. Last night when we went to bed, I found myself unable to get to sleep. Hmmm, wonder if that had to do with the fact that it was 9:37 when I woke up yesterday morning? This morning I woke up somewhere around 8:20, but stayed in bed until 9:00. I laid there for about 15 minutes trying to get back to sleep, but when I saw that wasn't going to happen, I decided to go ahead and start my day. So, I reached over the side of the bed and got my Bible and read until 9:00. Then I got up and ate a crunchy granola bar and watched Magnum P.I. Man, is he a cutie, or what?
Last night when Mike got home, he sat and ate his supper while watching TV. I'd eaten about 2 hours earlier, I was too hungry to wait on him, who knew how long he'd be? He mentioned something about going into town to buy stuff to make some home made salsa. Sounded good to me, we had this bag full of home grown tomatoes that needed to be eaten soon. He finished eating, put his plate in the sink and sat back down and started watching poker. When that was over, he turned the station to the Hitler channel, I mean the History channel, and started watching Modern Marvels (Sticky Stuff). I went out to my car and got the stuff for my Wednesday night class at church and started going over it again to be more familiar with it before I got in front of 20 little kids. Mike said "What are you doing? I thought we were going to go to town?" I looked up and said "Whenever. I'm ready." And with that, he fell asleep. He slept a solid hour in my glider. He didn't look very comfortable, and I watched as his head was bobbing and he would jerk it up, just like a little kid going to sleep during supper. I ended up getting involved in the sticky stuff on Modern Marvels, and barely glanced at my paper work, but that's okay. When it was over, I got up and decided to go ride my bicycle for a while. I rode up and down my driveway for 30 minutes and when the mosquitoes were really starting to get to me, I went in. I found Mike standing at the kitchen counter eating a granola bar and looking at a magazine. "What about town?" I asked and he replied "It's kinda late now, don'cha think?" It was 8:30! Late or not, we headed on out, taking the motorcycle. We went to Wal-Mart and bought chips, jalapenos, cilantro, and onion. I got a lime for mine, he doesn't like lime in his, but I sure do. We also got a big thing of dishwasher soap, because I'd used all that I had to get that white shirt of his clean. It came clean, by golly, it looks brand new.
But, anyway, we made it home without crushing the chips. When we got on our road, I was all relaxed and was marveling at how humid and sticky it was. I'd raised my hands up in the air for a couple miles and my palms were wet from the air. Then Mike gunned it and we raced down our newly paved road. It was practically intoxicating! I raised my hands up in the air again and it was so thrilling that I had to let out a scream. When he slowed down for the dirt road, my heart was still pounding extra hard from the excitement and Mike said "I bet you've never gone 75 on our road before". 75 mph, no wonder my body was all tingly. I'll let you use your imagination to guess what happened when we got home.
So, this morning, while watching Magnum P.I. I got the hankerin' for some salsa and chips. So, I made my own. I forgot to put onion in it, how could I do that? Isn't onion like one of the key ingredients? LOL, but it's good anyway. I used 4 tomatoes, a couple sprigs of cilantro, a clove of garlic, a little piece of jalapeno, a piece of bell pepper I had sitting around waiting to be eaten, and some lime juice. Then I added salt when it was all mixed up. It's a little runny, but man, oh, man, is it good! Mike will make his totally different than mine. That's why we each make our own. He likes his chunky and I like mine all blended and almost smooth. It hit the spot. That cilantro mixed with lime, that's what does it for me. YUM!
Well that's all the excitement for today. Maybe tomorrow will hold more than salsa making. LOL.
See ya!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home