Tuesday, October 16, 2007

Take The Red Eye

Last night when I got home from work, Shael met me at the front door and stuck her face right in mine. She said "Look at my eye" in this firm tone. I'm at that age now where I had to back my head up several inches to be able to focus in on what she wanted me to look at. Her whole right eye was blood red. Beyond blood shot, but red, like it could anytime start bleeding. It was just a couple weeks ago my Mom had the same thing happen to her and her doctor told her it was caused from never taking her contacts out and cleaning them. So, she told Shael to make sure she took her contact out to avoid the same disaster. Then look what happened anyway! She'd had Mom pick her up from school early because she was in so much pain. Today, I took her with me to my first class, which we ended up leaving early (long story), then I took her to the eye doctor. He said yes, it was an eye infection, and no it wasn't pink eye, so it wasn't contagious. Also, he said it was probably caused by her contacts. All it takes is a tiny bit of bacteria to get under it and presto, she's got a full blown eye infection. My mother in law met me at the doctor and she was able to wait with her for her prescription while I went back to school. Then Mike said he'd pick her up at his parents house on his way home from work. That worked out nicely. Poor Shael, missed two days of school. She will go tomorrow, then she's off two more days for fall break. Yeah, poor Shael. One full day of school in a whole week. You know how devastated she is about this, don't you? LOL
*
I took my first 0 in a lab for my science class last week. First of all, I never had time to work on it, and when I tried to squeeze it in, I couldn't understand it. I locked myself away at home and was going to take it to my Mom's to fax it in before 9:00 Thursday night. I got in there and read it, re-read it and re-read it like 40 times and never could make heads or tails of it. I started bawling and Mike, after all these years together, still doesn't know what to do with me when tears start falling. It's like I've turned poisonous and to be near me could be fatal. Then he yelled and cussed at me (with the big F word, TWICE!) over some stupid peaches that I totally lost it and went to my bathroom in a big ol nasty heap of tears and snot. Shortly thereafter, Mike came to my bathroom, apologized for "being a jerk" and "saying those horrible things to me" and that "the peaches weren't really that big of a deal". Did you hear me, people? Mike said he was sorry! Please write this down in the annuls of history. I swear, I was like the two year olds at work, as soon as those nice words were uttered, my tears magically dried up and I was fine the rest of the night. I felt this slight anxiety about that missed lab, but I tried to look at it in the big perspective of life. One missed assignment isn't going to kill me. Hopefully it won't fail me, either. I have to have a least a C. Now where's the over achiever? HUH?
Well, I've gotta go. That 6:00 class should be starting right about, uh, NOW!
Ta!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home