Tuesday, October 02, 2007

Anal Stace

I don't know when it happened, but somehow along the way, I've kind of turned into this very anal person about my school work. I want it done and I want it done early. None of this waiting until the last minute crap that I use to be known for. So, you can imagine my dismay when I checked on an assignment for my Exceptional Learner class and found not just one, but TWO observations that were due today. When I saw the due date on them last night, I tried my best not to wake up Mike and Shael with my "CRAP!!". I could have sworn they were due next week, but noooo, I messed up, they were due today. I hadn't even made one of the observations! I was suppose to observe an "exceptional learner" in the class room. I hadn't done it and there was nothing I could do about it at 10:30 at night at home. So, I fretted and stewed about it in bed for about 30 minutes. Then I got up, tired of trying to sleep when I knew I wasn't going to, and got out my Bible. I read and did my usual way of studying it. I pick out a word or phrase that speaks to me at the moment, look in my concordance (I have an amazing one in my NIV translation) for every mention of that word or phrase, write down the "address" of each of the scriptures, then look each and every one of them up. The ones that really grab my attention, I circle, then look up in a different translation. If they are exceptionally perfect for my mood/situation, I write them down. So, last night, my word of the day (or night) was HOPE. I had about 25 or so references to that word in my NIV alone. And yes, I looked them all up. Some of them were absolutely for me at that very moment. Some of them not so much.
Here are my top eight. Yes, 8.
1.) He does not delight in the strength of the horse; He takes no pleasure in the legs of a man. The Lord takes pleasure in those who fear Him, in those who hope in His mercy. Psalm 147: 10, 11.
2.) There is surely a future hope for you and your hope will not be cut off. Proverbs 23:18
3.) If You, Lord, should mark iniquities, O Lord, who could stand? But there is forgiveness with You, that You may be feared. I wait for the Lord, my soul waits, and in His word I do hope. My soul waits for the Lord more than those who watch for the morning - Yes, more than those who watch for the morning. O Israel, hope in the Lord; for with the Lord there is mercy, and with Him abundant redemption. And He shall redeem Israel from all his iniquities. Ps 130:3-8
4.) Behold, the eye of the Lord is on those who fear Him, on those who hope in His mercy. Ps 33:18
5.) Let Your mercy, O Lord, be upon us, just as we hope in You. Psalm 33:22
6.) My soul, wait silently for God alone, for my expectation is from Him. He alone is my rock and my salvation; He is my defense; I shall not be moved. In God is my salvation and my glory; the rock of my strength, and my refuge, is in God. Psalm 62:5-7
7.) Have you not known? Have you not heard? the everlasting God, the Lord, the Creator of the ends of the earth, neither faints nor is weary. His understanding is unsearchable. He gives power to the weak, and to those who have no might He increases strength. Even the youths shall faint and be weary, and the young men shall utterly fall, but those who wait on the Lord shall renew their strength; they shall mount up with wings like eagles, they shall run and not be weary, they shall walk and not faint. Isaiah 40:28-31
8.) I remember my affliction and my wandering, the bitterness and the gall. I will remember them and my soul is downcast within me. Yet this I call to mind and therefore I have hope: Because of the Lord's great love we are not consumed, for His compassions never fail. they are new every morning; great is Your faithfulness. Lamentations 3:19-23
*
By the way, I got those observations done by noon today. They aren't due until 6:00 tonight, is that still an over achiever? I've been called that frequently here of late. Hmmm, I think I kind of like it because I don't think I ever was one of those before! LOL
*
This morning I was remembering back to a year ago. I had just lost my job, me and Mike were still patching things up, and I had these three big checks all arrive on the same day. My normal paycheck, my two week severance pay, and my check from the tribe for being "laid off". What did I do, but pack my bags and head to Maine. *Sigh* I would LOVE to do that every fall. In fact, I'm having a hard time with the fact that I can't go this month. Poor me!
*
It's time for me to get the heck out of here and go to Algebra. Oh, yay. Today my career ops class was canceled so I had this huge gap between noon and 4:30. It's going to be that way in a couple weeks because that career ops class is only an 8 week class. Here's to a big ole 4-1/2 hour gap between classes! Hip Hip Hooray!
Ta!

1 Comments:

Blogger Bell said...

Maine is still here. Wouldn't Mike like to see the leaves change? BTW, yesterday we took MIL to see about a job in Boston. The lady lived right across the street from the park where we started the Freedom Trail!

7:08 PM  

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home