Saturday, April 07, 2007

I'm Home

I can gab on and on if I want to. No clock ticking to 9:00 and time for class.
I got my research paper done, sort of. The biggest part is done. I emailed it off to get looked over and critiqued, which she was quick to do so I could get to work on the final draft (thank you so much!!!!!) I also took a printed copy of that first draft to Shael's youth leader, but he won't be back home until late tonight, so he probably won't take a look at it until Monday at the earliest, and I want it handed in Monday morning at 9:00. Tomorrow at church, I might have to tell him that if he doesn't have time to look at it on Easter Sunday, then not to mess with it because after Monday, it would be too late. In fact, I don't even know when I'm going to squeeze in the time to go print up the final draft. It's not like I can do that here at home. I have to go elsewhere to use a different computer. This set up is going to have to change for next semester. I don't want to have to go through this with every paper I write. Not to mention all Shael's papers. What I need is a lap top to be able to use out at my Grandma's house on Easter so I can say I was technically there, even if I wasn't there mentally.
*
Shael had a cousin over again last night. This time it was Shayna. Sarah's big sister. They've had a real good time. They stayed up late last night, Shael later than Shayna, of course, she is such a night owl. And now, for the past 30 minutes or so, Shayna has been sleeping in the living room floor and Shael's patiently sitting on the love seat waiting for her wake up. She got more sleep than Shael and she's already taking a nap? Ha!
*
I stayed in the bedroom most of the night last night with my door locked so they couldn't tromp through any ole time they felt like it. Preteen girls are a sight. Farting and laughing and telling the other one to light a match. If there wasn't so much giggling going on, it would be like having boys in the house. The fart smell was another reason why I kept my bedroom door locked. If I was going to smell a fart, it was going to be mine, by golly.
*
I got Shael's pictures taken Thursday afternoon and I cannot wait to see them. I know they are going to turn out beautiful and I'd better save up to buy some. There's one in particular I'm looking forward to seeing. My friend Valerie was standing there watching and said "She looks just like her Daddy," and when she said that, Shael crossed her arms and gave her this pouty look with her lips all puckered up and the lady snapped a picture at the exact moment. It's going to be classic!
*
I think it's so funny when people see Shael and I together now. Especially if we are standing side by side. They get this surprised look on their face and say "Why, she's taller than you, isn't she?" Hello? Where've you been? Pictures taken of the three of us now need to be with me in the front with Mike and Shael in the back. Instead of Shael in front with each of her parents placing a hand on her shoulder. That pose is long gone. History.
*
Shael being so tall is such a contrast to her cousin Shayna. Shayna is 11 but is so short, she could pass for an 8 year old. Her Mom is only 5'1", so she probably won't be too tall, but as of now, she's little. Her grandparents, who are raising her, said it's from the medicine she's taken for ADHD, or ADD, whatever you want to call it. It has stunted her growth. I had to make her take her pill this morning and it wasn't long after that that she fell asleep. I wonder if it was the late night or that pill that knocked her out. I'll have to ask her when she wakes up.
*
Well, my Internet connection just booted me, so I'd better save this and try to get back on so I can publish. Have a very safe and happy Easter!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home