Tuesday, August 21, 2007

*sigh*

I feel completely and utterly stressed right now. I couldn't sleep last night because of it nagging at the back (and front) of my mind all night long. I started crying by 5:30 a.m. I did finally get my books today. Mike told me to get the money out of our savings and replace it when my financial aid came in. Then I went to work on my algebra homework. Or, I tried anyway. I started with #1. ???? So, I skipped to #2. ????? Same thing! I then tried to just read to understand what was going on. After all, the dude did start on page 78. I was so totally lost that I was near tears sitting here in the lobby of the Grove campus. I made the decision to drop the class and take a more basic, non credit earning, intermediate algebra. I've taken this class before, but it was 15 years ago. Now, I'm taking it again, just so that next semester I might be able to get through college algebra. I felt so humbled and embarrassed. The ladies in the office were nice about it, though, and said it was no biggie. That people should do exactly what I was doing if they didn't understand because it only gets harder as it goes along.
So, now, all of my classes are either on line or on Tuesdays and Thursdays. MWF are empty. Sort of. I'll probably be working my butt off on homework and that Science class I've got online.
Please, don't stop praying for me. I feel discouraged about this semester already and it's only the 2nd day!

1 Comments:

Blogger Redneck Diva said...

Sister, I will pray for your Algebra if you'll pray for mine! I am having password issues and haven't even gotten into mine yet, but she said the first thing we have to do is take an "assessment" to see what level we're on. I was thinking, "Ummm...I hope there a 3rd grade level because I'm pretty sure I can do the pre-algebra my son is doing!" I literally haven't done an algebra problem in 16 years! I'm paying a big fat remedial fee every semester until I get this non credit earning one out of the way, so I'm ready to get it done. I think.

Philippians 4:13, for Pete's sake!

(The Pete's sake reference if from the Mitford books, if you haven't read them and haven't a clue what I meant, lol. Mom and I have been known to shout that phrase across parking lots at each other.)

5:29 PM  

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home