Tuesday, October 23, 2007

Hola

I had some fabulous weekend. I spent it in Branson. Sick. I woke up Saturday morning feeling mighty poorly. I overheard Shael telling her Dad that every time she went into my bedroom she found me either on the pot or asleep in bed. I couldn't help it! We were suppose to meet my Mom and MIL at the beauty shop at 4:00 and we actually made it there on time. But once I got there, I started feeling even worse. I spread out on the floor for a minute and when I got up Mom said she wanted to pray for me. Man, I couldn't hardly stand up for her prayer. I knew what was coming and where it was coming out. I started getting extremely hot and I was tearing off my hoodie as fast as I could as I was walking to the bathroom. I got the bathroom door shut just in time to bow at the porcelain throne.

Funny, I felt better after I threw up. That always makes me think of Dr. Chestnut back when I was pregnant. She was my Dr. and I was not feeling well on one of my regular monthly check ups. I was getting dizzy and feeling like I was blacking out. Things started going dim and they checked my blood pressure and found it to be extremely low. I finally got up and stumbled over to the sink (the closest thing I could find) and threw up. My blood pressure went back to "normal" and I felt so much better. Dr. Chestnut laughed and said her brother always said "No wonder I was so sick, look at all that vomit I had in me!"

Yeah, no wonder I was so sick.

I still had problems the rest of the day, but I kept myself loaded up on Imodium A-D. That stuff really works!

*

In Branson, we decided to go to the Sunday afternoon show instead of the Saturday evening show hoping that I'd feel better by Sunday afternoon. I'm glad we did, because I did feel better. Not 100% back to normal, but well enough to enjoy Kirby, The Prince Of Magic. And his lovely wife Bambi. It really was a great show. I will probably be going back to see him again in the near future with Mike because I know it is one he would enjoy. Out of all those shows in Branson, I have found one that I know Mike will like.

*

Shael can be such a funny girl. When she's not trying to be, mostly. We stayed at these condos that have a big master bathroom off the big master bedroom, but for some weird, stupid reason, there is no door between them. There's a big wide door way, but no door. There's a door to the bedroom, so if you want privacy, you have to shoo people out of the bedroom, shut the bedroom door and lock it. Well, my priceless mother in law didn't lock the bedroom door and when Shael went to walk into the bedroom, she found her grandma sitting on the pot. Making a face. LOL. Then, the next morning, when Shael woke up and opened her eyes, the first sight that greeted her was her grandma pulling the shower curtain back, getting ready to climb in. Shael said "She was butt naked!" My mother in law laughed and said "Well, I'm not going to get into the shower with my clothes on!" But that's not something anyone would want to see when they first open their eyes in the morning. Their Grandma standing naked in front of you. At least she didn't mention "wrinkly old butts" or something. LOL.

*

Well, I've got 4-1/2 hours before my next class and I have some work I need to get done on High Point.

Adios!

P.S. Here's a picture of Kirby and Bambi. I'm telling ya, he's as pretty as she is.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home