Wednesday, February 21, 2007

I Want One

When I got out of class this morning, I went straight to Miami to a pawn shop to check out their rings. Boy, did they have plenty for me to check out. Mike gave me a ring for Valentine's Day, but I have to pick it out first so he can buy it. Wasn't that nice of him? That way I won't be stuck with this monstrosity that i don't really like, or like in the past, some ring with minuscule diamond chips that look more like some high school promise ring than something a husband would get a wife after 14 years of marriage. So, I picked out a nice princess cut diamond in a simple setting that had a narrow band of gold. Very classy, I thought. The diamond was probably a 1/4 ct, about the same size as the biggest stone in my wedding set. I called Mike up and he answered "What do you want?" almost as if he knew I was going to ask for something. When I told him I found a ring he said "Oh, yeah? Where at?" I told him and he seemed immediately pleased that I'd shopped at the local pawn shop instead of the nearest Kay. When he asked how much and I told him he went "OH!" then recovered rather quickly with a "Okay, whatever." He's going to come up within the next couple of days to look at it and try to deal with him a little bit to maybe get the price down a bit. Considering the size of the stone, the price isn't too bad. He must've been thinking along the lines of $50-$75 or something. I'm not going to let him get off that cheap. I'm so bad!
*
While I was there, the guy cleaned my wedding rings. Man they clean up nice! I keep staring at them. After all these years, I still enjoy looking at them.
*
I'm at the Miami campus and these computers rock! I want one this fast. I think it must have more to do with the high speed connection than it does the actual computers. It makes dial up seem like using pigeons to get messages to people.
This campus is crawling with high school/jr. high band geeks. And I feel like I can safely use that term since I am one. Once a band geek always a band geek. I saw these two boys sitting at the fountain playing cards with each other. Who brings a deck of playing cards to a college campus? A band geek, that's who. I had to laugh at that one. You'd think high school boys would be all about looking at all the pretty eye candy walking by with the tethers of high school rules absent. But, nope. These boys were playing rummy. LOL. Not even poker, or something that's currently hip these days. They were playing something old ladies play. Oh, well, at least I hope some of the girls appreciated not being ogled, but then again, they dress like that for a reason, I assume.
There's not just a lot of pretty girls roaming this campus, there's pretty guys, too. There's the "mature" student, nice looking older men who have decided to go back to school a little later than some of the whipper snappers around here. (There's also a few ugly old men who the young, fresh out of high school up-starts probably constantly mistake for faculty) There's grungy guys (who never fail to get a second look from me) and there's frat boys who run in packs. There's the loners who never fail to be reading something. There's also the scary ones who obviously aren't from around here. As young as these guys may seem to me, the high school boys here for the band contest really stick out like sore thumbs. I guess I can just spot them a mile away.
*
I should really go, I'm starting to get surrounded by some of those scary types. Take off those sunglasses, boy! You aren't outside anymore.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home