Tuesday, February 20, 2007

I Would Like A Vacation Now, Please

I am tired, worn out, and just plain sleepy. I spent the most beautiful day of this year (so far, anyway) inside painting my Mom's kitchen. Oh, what fun we had! Honestly, it looks like crap. Mom is not very particular and doesn't care. We didn't pull out a single nail, screw or even take of the old wall paper border. We just painted over them all. It looks incredibly tacky, but hey, she was satisfied, and to me, that's all that matters. My sister told her that if that was acceptable to her then she was never invited over to her house to paint. We painted the walls white and the cabinets black. A very Wyandotte kitchen. It looks good enough, I guess. But, I wouldn't want my kitchen left like that.
*
Shael and I got into a big old knock down drag out last night on the way home from my Mom's, over her school work again. Not just her school work, but her general crappy attitude here lately. I've been letting it slide way too long, just because it's sometimes easier to let it go than to argue with her. I know, it's not good to let a 12 year old walk all over just because it's easier than confrontation. But, I think every Mom does that at some point. But, last night, the straw that broke the camel's back came drifting down. Let's just say that we both went to bed crying last night. She was still ticked off at me this morning. When I got home I sent her to the shower and sat down on the floor by Mike and cried. I asked him if it was normal for a parent to not even like her own child. Because that's the way I felt at the moment. He said it was just because I was mad at her. He was right, because this morning I felt better. I didn't hate her guts and want to let her do whatever just as long as she stayed out of my way. So, that's good, right?
*
We had Nikolas over the other night and I got some cute pictures of him trying on Mike's boots. But when I went to upload them onto the computer, I found that the USB port in the front where I use to keep the camera cable is all messed up. First one thing then another is falling apart on that computer. I can't use the disc drive anymore, it's messed up. The thing keeps booting us off the Internet every ten minutes or so and that makes it really hard to get anything done. The printer doesn't work so I have to use other computers to print something out, like the library's or at work, or my Mom's. It sucks, I tell you! Now that Shael's older and also now that I'm in school, everything has to be printed out. And the schools don't even stop to consider that maybe not everybody has a computer that will print. They just assume. But, that's okay. Just a little inconvenient, but oh, well.
*
Well, my time has almost expired here at the Grove Library. I have five whole minutes left, and I still need to spell check. So, I'd better hurry the heck up.
Bye!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home