Monday, April 23, 2007

Almost There

Just one more week and one more test to go and I'm done. For at least a month until summer school starts.
I have been one busy bee over the weekend. I really wanted to get my book box done Friday, but everything seemed to get in the way and I hardly even got the chance to work on it. First of all, I got called in to work and I worked about an hour and a half while this lady went to the doctor. Then, my Mother called me and wanted me to go type up Daddy's bio for him. I thought that would take maybe 10 minutes, then Mike would get there shortly after to pick me up on the bike and we would head to Joplin to get my stuff for my poetry board. I had it figured that we would be getting back to Wyandotte about the time Shael got out of school and I would take her home, fix supper and spend the rest of the day working on my book box and poetry board. Wrong. When do things actually go according to plan? First of all, when I got to the beauty shop, Daddy had changed his mind about me typing up the bio and had taken it to a friend. Why they didn't call me and tell me this so I could have gone to the library? Because they had a whole other project they wanted me to do. One much bigger project that required some computer skills and lots and lots of typing and/or time. They had a name and address list they wanted typed up so he could send out some more fliers. It was a revised list from what he had earlier. I would guess that there were approximately 1,500 - 2,000 names and addresses on this list. I set up the data base for Mom, showed her how to do it, showed her how to print it once she got all the names on it, and then typed 3 pages of names and addresses for her, just to get her started. The computer froze up once and I hadn't saved yet, so I had to start all over again. Thank goodness I was only on #16, but still, that was about 20 minutes wasted time there. After that, I started saving after every 5 names. I finally quit after a little over 100 and decided I needed to work on my book box some that day. I got 2 done. TWO WHOLE CARDS! I was disappointed in myself. Mike finally got there at 2:30, when I was expecting him around 12:30. Shael would be there in another hour! We finally got on the road and made it as far as Seneca when he announced he wanted to stop and wash the bike. Great. So we did. We did finally make it to Joplin and I did finally get my stuff I needed. When Mike dropped me off at my car, he went on for another ride since it was so nice out. I went home with the intention of fixing supper and working on my book box. I fixed supper then crashed. I didn't get a thing done. That meant I couldn't go on the big bike ride Saturday when the weather was picture perfect. I had to stay home and work on homework. I didn't start it until 1:00 in the afternoon and I finished it all at 7:00 that evening. I was worn out, but so happy to have it finally finished.
*
Yesterday, I finally got to go on that long ride I've been wanting. We went back to West Fork, AR and back through Devil's Den, only this time, we stopped. On "the little woman's orders" as Mike kept telling everyone. I never complained about not stopping last time, only mentioned that I was surprised we didn't and that some day I'd like to go back and actually stop and look around. So we did, and the place is so cool! Now I want to go back and camp for 2 or 3 days. Take my time and really explore everything. It's so pretty there. I love Arkansas, I think I've said that a time or two. I took some pics, I'll try to post them on here so you can take a gander at the place.
*
I don't have to work tomorrow or Friday. Heavenly days! I swear, I am not going to answer my phone Thursday night or Friday morning. I think I may even unhook the cord from the wall. And turn off my cell phone. Why? Because this week is "Week of the Young Child" and there is something planned for each and every day this week. Something big or out of the ordinary. And Friday is no exception. Friday is a carnival. There is no way I want to be involved in that. They can make do without me. I guess I might be interested she paid me overtime for that day. HA HA HA HA HA!!!!! Like that would ever happen.
Today was a big blow up jumper/obstacle course. The kids played on that huge thing all day. They loved it. When the after school kids got there, the smaller kids had to give it up for them. They weren't happy, but the big kids were. They loved it, too.
*
I am going to go soak in the bathtub for a while. I think that sounds like a great idea. I really miss my big bathtub from our trailer. This little old tub I've got now, well, it just isn't the same. Why is it that a junkie old trailer house had a nicer bathtub than a real, on the ground house?
G'night!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home